The game takes inspiration from "I Wanna Be The Guy", "Megaman", "Cave Story", and "Castlevania", along with a host of masochistic retro platformers, while cutting out the arbitrary difficulty in favor of skill based gameplay. The game aims to capture the attention of the same core group of players as its spiritual precursor, "I Wanna be the Boshy ", including the hardcore-platformer lovers and the speedrunning community, all while appealing to a broader audience through a variety of difficulty levels and modifiers .
"Wings of Vi" is an interesting mix between challenge, story and with room for both exploring and tricky platforming.
The game is now available on the Steam Shop.
11th Mai 2018
Wings of Vi speedrun tournament!
Wings of Vi is now on sale ( -25% OFF till 21th Mai) celebrating @SpeedgamingShow Wings of Vi any% speedrun tournament!
15th july 2017
Patch 1.14: The community patch
Together with the Wings of Vi community, a lot of quality of life changes and fixes have been made - along with a new modifier: the mirror mode. This'll flip the screen horizontally, but also flip your controls. This means, that the world will be backwards but you'll still control as normal.
Just wanted to use this time to say thanks to all the support the game has gotten over the years - and is still getting. It meant that I could do game development fulltime, at least for now, and it's been the best time in my life. I'm still working on Roah, which is still slated for late 2017 - early 2018 (But it's done when it's done).
- Added a new modifier: Mirrored.
- Ira nfound her halo in the heart of the baneful.
- Inconsistency with fluttering and jumping fixed.
- Camera will now scroll properly when off-screen in the Azurel boss fight.
- Fireguys/charrers/materializers can't be hit while invisible and becomes vulnerable more quickly after teleporting.
- The Staff of Purity now correctly starts with all purity orbs stored.
- Several enemies no longer trigger the melee attack, since they are immune.
- Can now get back from secret places in the Floating Keep.
- Flame cracks in the underworld should no longer incorrectly time their animations.
- Electram no longer glows after enrage.
- Pr'gora no longer shows more damage taken than what Vi has dished out.
- Vi no longer leaves behind her stuff as she goes into the portal to the Floating Keep.
- The spikes in Jeh'Oul's face goes away when he dies.
- Electram doesn't move horizontally when he dies.
- Several cutscenes are now skippable.
- Wolves no longer rarely and randomly turn invisible.
- Score screen now correctly retrieves your fastest time.
- Skipping the darkheim watch cutscene doesn't trigger the menu anymore.
- That one spider in the spider grove doesn't despawn anymore and will fight alongside his brethren once again.
- Ancient Spike Construct's enraged middle laser attack will now start on the opposite side of Vi.
- Centaurs in the Underworld will now properly spawn when reaching multiple of them after not dying.
- Levers in the Chambers will now properly reset when respawning with the Life Orb.
- Brutes will now properly reset when respawning with the Life Orb.
- The fire from the death of rock trolls will now always deal damage.
- The mouse cursor should now be hidden at all times.
- Loading times on Windows 10 should be better.