There are three different difficulty modes in Wings of Vi: Angel-, Mortal- and Demon mode. The different settings change the game in several ways.
Angel Mode is the easiest difficulty.
- More savepoints.
- Weaker bosses and enemies.
- Bosses and enemies have fewer abilities.
- Extra platforms.
- The life orb returns you to safety after prey to lethal traps at a cost of 50 HP.
The pink checkpoints are only available in Angel Mode, but you can still use the yellow and red checkpoints. Bosses and enemies have less health and fewer abilities to decrease the difficulty. Some extra platforms have been added to make some of the platforming easier.
Mortal Mode is the standard difficulty.
- Normal bosses and enemies.
You can use the yellow and red checkpoints.
Demon Mode is very difficult.
- Fewer savepoints.
- Stronger bosses and enemies.
- Bosses and enemies have additional abilities.
Only the red checkpoints are available, which are scattered far apart. Bosses and enemies have more health and abilities.